Fernielea Gospel Hall's Safeguarding Policy
Fernielea Gospel Hall is committed to the safeguarding of children and adults with care and support needs and seeks to ensure their well-being. Our safeguarding policy is based on the standard policy from https://thirtyoneeight.org/. The policy can be viewed by anyone but must not be distributed without written permission from the Safeguarding coordinator or the Deputy Safeguarding coordinator.
Steps to be taken in applying to work in a ministry, involving children and/or vulnerable adults.
- Speak to the Safeguarding coordinator or Ministry Supervisor about working in the specific ministry.
- Download all the necessary forms.
- Read and review the Safeguarding Policy. Any questions can be directed to the Safeguarding Coordinator or the Deputy Safeguarding Coordinator.
- If you have not previously completed an enhanced disclosure (new or updated) with Fernielea Gospel Hall then complete the PVG form and submit this, in person, to the CRBS Collator / Lead Signatory (Safeguarding Coordinator). Ministry Helpers under 16 years of age will not usually be required to complete a PVG form.
- Complete the Application Form and send to the Safeguarding Coordinator.
- Complete the Code of Conduct Form and send to the Safeguarding Coordinator.
- The Ministry Supervisor will confirm in writing, (e-mail or text) to the Safeguarding Coordinator that the applicant has been interviewed and is suitable to work in the ministry.
- Once steps 4,5,6 & 7 have been satisfactorily completed the Safeguarding Coordinator will advise the applicant and the Ministry Supervisor that they are able to serve in the ministry amongst young people and/or vulnerable adults at Fernielea Gospel Hall.
- After 3-months the Ministry Supervisor will discuss with the worker/helper their work in the role. If particular training is required then this should be identified. The Ministry Supervisor will confirm, in writing, to the Safeguarding Coordinator that this discussion has taken place.
Parental Consent Form
Parental consent is required for every child who attends a Fernielea Gospel Hall ministry. The form can be found by clicking HERE.